Business English Vocabulary (10 Business English Idioms)
Improve your Business English Vocabulary with these 10 Business English idioms. Learn and understand these 10 Business English idioms, so that you can better express yourself when doing business in English
In the video lesson below, you will learn how to use these 10 Business English idioms.
Together we will go through the definition of each idiom, and go through a few examples so that you can use them when speaking in English.
Watch the video lesson to learn how to pronounce the consonants M and N in English
Make sure to turn on subtitles by clicking the CC button if you are struggling to follow the lesson 🙂
Friends, you can help others learning English by translating this video lesson in your native language.
Click here to translate this video lesson to your native language, to help English learners from your country better master English pronunciation
The 10 Business English idioms which we went through in the video lesson are…
- To be back to square one – to start something over again
- To call it a day – to decide to stop working for the day.
- To cut one’s losses –to stop doing something that is unproductive and won’t ever generate results, salvage what it is left
- To get down to business – to stop making small talk and start talking about serious topics related to business.
- To learn the ropes – used in situations where someone, usually a new co-worker, needs to learn the basics of how something is done
- To get off the ground – to start doing a job or project, usually after much discussion or planning
- At the eleventh hour – used to describe something that’s
done or happens at the last minute
- To cut corners–to take shortcuts and using the easiest, quickest and cheapest way to do something
- In a nutshell – in summary, or in as few words as possible.
- To go the extra mile – to give more effort or do more than what’s expected from you.
Improve your English Pronunciation and Speaking skills with us in The #UsingEnglishTP Classroom
The #UsingEnglishTP Classroom is my step-by-step training program and community where I’ll teach you my highly effective Language learning tricks, so you can stop being frustrated with your level of English, and start speaking English with confidence.
You will be able to communicate with other English Speakers, get the promotion/job you want, enroll in the University you want and even understand movies without subtitles!
Each lesson set in The #UsingEnglishTP Classroom is designed to drastically…
Improve your speaking skills through vocabulary, grammar and imitations lessons.
Improve your pronunciation through video lessons focusing on key pronunciation mistakes
Improve your reading comprehension skills, by reading interesting texts and testing your knowledge
Improve your listening comprehension skills, by listening to natural English conversations and different accents
If you loved this English Lesson, you will also love these lessons…
Click here to learn how to speak English like a native English speaker
Click here to learn how to stop translating in your head when speaking in English
Do you know any other Business English idioms?
Share them with us in the comments below